Friday, September 9, 2011

The Lion of The Tribe of Judah

You are probably wondering what this means - Jesus was named "The Lion of The Tribe of Judah" in the book of Revelation.  I have been reading a book about praying the names of Jesus.  "When you pray to Jesus as the Lion of the tribe of Judah, you are praying to the One with the power to banish all fear, to the One who watches over you with his fierce protecting love..." excerpt from Praying the Names of Jesus by Ann Spangler.

I have been praying this name of Jesus over our football team.  My husband is the head coach at the high school that both of us graduated from.  There was a time when this football team was a power house in 1A football here in southern AZ.  My husband was an assistant coach at that time and we were awesome.  After a few years we moved away to pursue college & careers and so did the other coaches.  Later the school hit hard times with budget issues and so forth and now the school is barely there.  When my husband and I moved back home a few years ago I could tell that he really wanted to get back into coaching.

Last year he was approached by a friend and asked if he wanted to be an assistant coach for the team.  I once again saw a light in his eyes that I hadn't seen for many years.  This is his passion.  This year he was asked to be the head coach, not surprisingly because frankly, he knows his stuff.  He has a football mind.  It isn't going to be easy. We, I say we because I also love H.S. football and I have a special place in my heart for this team, are pretty much rebuilding the football program from nothing.  We currently have 14 players, no booster club, no cheerleaders (I'm shocked because I was a cheerleader for this school 20 yrs ago), and no money. 

But I believe in miracles!! I believe that the Lord brought us back to this school for a reason and victory will be ours.  Not without hard work, ups & downs, and most assuredly tears along the way.  But we will be victorious.  So I pray LEON EK TOU PHYLES IOUDA over this team!  He will be glorified just like in the story of David & Goliath. Jesus is the Lion of the tribe of Judah and He will lead our little team to victory - victory not just in winning games but in winning hearts for Him, in giving these kids determination in their hard work, humility in winning, confidence in being the underdog, and realization that others care!  But most importantly that With God All Things Are Possible!! Amen

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, I loved this. I hope this post and all your posts win hearts for Him. Keep it up!! I think I hear some cheering.............

    ReplyDelete